Foster Carer Retention
It is Kasper Fostering’s aim to retain foster carers by:
- Regular, high quality support fortnightly visits, weekly telephone contact as a minimum and regular supervision.
- Providing 24 hour emergency cover by telephone with an on duty member of Kasper staff or other known social worker.
- Providing access to children’s support worker for additional support.
- Providing a regular support group with other Kasper carers.
- Providing monthly training.
- Providing accredited training to NVQ Level 3.
- Recognising and valuing their work.
- Respecting and valuing them as part of the Kasper Team.
- Consulting with them about prospective placements by giving them as much information as we are able.
- Consulting with them about children in their care.
- Inviting and including them in meetings convened by to consider planning for the children in their care.
- Seeking and valuing their views on the development and planning of our services.
- Utilising their skills and experience with participating in support group.
- Ensuring that they receive remuneration that is commensurate with their abilities as foster carers.
- Ensuring that payment of foster fees is made accurately and on time.